Discover the Strategies that Improve Probability of Successful Project Delivery, Client Satisfaction, and Project Team Effectiveness
Master the Art of People, Projects and Profits
People First Project Management supports IT organizations in gaining a deeper insight into their project delivery effectiveness. Delivery effectiveness is measured by timely delivery, satisfied end-users, greater profitability, follow-on business, and satisfied project teams. IT organizations are often too close to their delivery practices to truly understand why they are successful or what opportunities for improvement may exist.
People First Project Management provides consulting services both onsite and virtually. Founder, Merv Jersak helps organizations position their Project Management teams for greater success and also works with project managers to ensure a more profitable organization.
Onsite Project Management Consulting Review
Project Management Expert, Merv Jersak will spend several intensive days onsite with your team, during project execution, to review the human factors of Project Management, technical processes, client interaction, stakeholder awareness, senior management involvement, and overall adherence to best practices of project delivery.
Checklists are used to help ensure that major aspects of the project delivery review are covered in detail. Mer also relies on the intuitive processes developed with his many years of experience. His insight helps your organization understand where your projects are excelling and where there may be opportunities for improvement.
Your projects benefit from independent observation of their delivery processes by experienced practitioners, and will receive actionable recommendations for immediate implementation – proven recommendations go straight to your bottom line.
Project Management Consulting Reviews:
- 3-10 days of on-site or virtual consultation (depending on size and complexity)
- a series of interviews of project personnel at various levels within the project team
- a series of interviews of client project team members at various levels
- meetings with executive management from both the project delivery organization and the end-user (client) organization
- meetings with major stakeholder(s)
- observation of internal project team meetings, project status meetings, and applicable work sessions (e.g. requirements gathering, system design, training preparation sessions)
- exit interview with preliminary findings
- final report within 14-30 days following the onsite project review
Project Management Consultation
Project Management Expert, Merv Jersak will work along side your project leads to provide hands-on personalized consultation in project delivery. Merv provides active instruction, role playing, scenario replay, and other immediate feedback mechanisms to assist your managers to make better project decisions and take more effective project actions.
Your project leads will learn proven techniques for applying powerful human factors to Project Management, for utilizing technical processes more effectively, for maintaining stronger team and client relationships, and for adhering to best practices in project delivery.
Project Management Consultation can be utilized as a follow-on to a Project Management Review, or as a standalone engagement.
Project Management Consultation includes:
- onsite, hand-on consulting and instruction by a seasoned Project Manager
- daily feedback sessions to reinforce key learnings
- unlimited email access during the course of the engagement and for a specified time afterward
- periodic review meetings with executive management
- exit interview to summarize team leads’ overall development
Project Oversight Services
People First Project Management provides direct project oversight to IT organizations and to end user organizations as they implement their large complex IT systems.
IT organizations, particularly internal IT departments, benefit from working daily alongside an experienced Project Manager through all project phases. Projects benefit from a greater likelihood of on-time, within budget implementation.
End user organizations typically do not have access to experienced Project Managers to manage their side of a project implementation.
The client side benefits from having an experienced Project Manager look out for their interests on an equal footing with the IT delivery team. In this scenario, the IT delivery team also benefits from having an experienced Project Manager on the client side, helping the end users perform their responsibilities on the project.
Project Oversight Services include:
- procurement of IT systems development contracted services, including writing the Requests for Proposals
- Project Charters, Planning documents (including state Advanced Planning Documents), phase and project Close-Out Reports
- active, hands-on management of the project; or active, hands-on support of your Project Management team
- Quality Assurance reviews, Independent Validation and Verification support
- project status reporting, stakeholder communications, executive management communications
Executive Consulting Services
IT systems development projects are often large, complex undertakings. Senior corporate executives, stakeholder management, end user management are often put into the position of making project decisions with which they are not familiar.
People First Project Management offers personalized consulting for executives to help them make effective decisions for their complex IT projects, to work with IT delivery teams, to prepare their organizations for their project responsibilities, to prepare their organizations to accept the new systems, and to determine whether their organizations’ funds and resources are being spent effectively.
Executive Coaching Services include:
- as-needed consulting services and instruction in decision making during project execution
- preparation of the client/end user organization to manage its side of the project responsibilities, and assistance for them to “keep up” with the IT project team
- planning services for accepting and maintaining new IT systems